With training camp starting in Owing Mills, it's time to keep fans as update on what going on as possible. Each day injuries occur, players standout and news seems to break by the minute. Here at Purple Reign we are going to do our best to keep you informed day-by-day.
- RB Kenneth Dixon hurt his knee in practice after landing funny after being pushed out near the sideline. Reports are it's a Grade 1 MCL strain and the rookie back could miss a week. Overall, it's a minor injury and shouldn't threaten any preseason games.
- RB Lorenzo Taliaferro was placed on active/PUP after his foot didn't respond well at practice. He needs to stay healthy for camp and preseason to make the roster.
- LB Terrell Suggs in his first interview with the media in a long while said he's "close" to where he wants to be with his Achilles recovery.
- LB Elvis Dumervil, Suggs, WR Breshad Perriman, WR Steve Smith Sr., and RB Trent Richardson are all on PUP and didn't practice.
News and Notes
- Former receiver Daniel Brown has made the transition to tight end. He'd have to shine in preseason to make the cut with a deep tight end core.
- Rookie DL Bronson Kaufusi, WR Michael Campanaro, CB Jimmy Smith, and CB Will Davis all returned to the field after missing practice because of minor injuries.
- Tight end Dennis Pitta was participating in practice and reviews were glowing for the most part. If healthy (big if) Pitta has a chance to build chemistry with Joe Flacco and become a dangerous weapon again.
- CB Jerraud Powers, WR Mike Wallace, and WR Dobson Collins all missed practice because they failed the conditioning test Day 1 of camp. They should start practicing soon.
- Reports are standouts for today's practice were TE Darren Waller and rookie LB Kamalei Correa. Correa is quickly learning the inside linebacker position and could see time there and on the outside as a pass rusher. He could see a ton of snaps in year-one.
- Practices were done in shorts and shells. It's full speed but no contact!
- Flacco again looked great at practice and is being brought along slowly to ensure he's ready for Week 1. Again he practiced with a brace on his surgically repaired knee.