By: Keith Tabor
Note: Starting this week I am going to try to do this weekly article a bit differently . I am going to write a reflection on the games and things I have learned at the beginning of the week (usually written during the Sunday/Monday night football games). Towards the end of the week (most likely Thursday evenings), I will release my suggested plays for the upcoming. Any feedback on this change is encouraged. Let me know.
Starting Bankroll: $116.24
New Bankroll: 102.24
Reflection on the Lineups:
- The Dak and Dez combination paid off decently.
- Andre Ellington received quite a few targets in a game script that we anticipated.
- Charles Clay and DeVante Parker torpedoed team 2 with their early injuries.
- Jordy Nelson didn't play on the game winning drive.
- Todd Gurley had a TD called back that ultimately resulted in a fumble out of the backfield. He never recovered in a stinker from the Rams.
- Funchess, Dez, McCaffrey, Duke Johnson, Jordy, ASJ, all scored.
- Jaron Brown struggled.
- I notice I played Funchess and didn't recommend him (not that it helped on a 97 point team). That's an oversight on my part. I try to tweet out if I'm changing or adding anyone. Apologies!
My personal lineups really struggled. Towards the end of the article I want to take a look at something that I think I can learn from (it's a humble brag, but it cost me a significant amount of money this week). However, I think the overall suggested plays from this week will turn out to look quite nice. Let's take a look:
11 greens/8 reds (2 with early injuries) /5 yellows
What was the optimal lineup I could've made with the suggested plays, I'm glad you asked:
The results should have been better than they were. However, if the combinations are not correct or I don't take my own advice I will not see the results I would like. Earlier I teased a team that I had created, here's a bit of background. Weekly, I am in a league with a group of friends (as many of you are as well I assume). I put a lineup together this morning and put it into this tournament. Here is the lineup:
It's an awesome lineup! It smashed! I won the league by 52 points. However, I did not enter it into anything else. This is a gigantic mistake on my part. If you are going to sit down and take the time to do the research and put together a team, don't haphazardly throw it into one thing (if your bankroll permits). I looked at some of the GPPs that I played this week and it "would've" won me a significant return on my investment. However, it languished in a 9 man. Just a thought to consider (and maybe a bit of a brag -- but when you brick like I did this week I've got to show something :)
Good luck this week with your research. As always, feel free to reach out on twitter and ask any questions or just chat DFS. @thebritteacher